Home » News » Public Safety
Three injured in two Pittsburg snowmobile crashes
Fish & Game officers also investigated a second Pittsburg snowmobile accident Friday night that left an Epsom woman with a facial injury.
David L. Batzdorf, 56, of Candia and William Lincoln, 34, of Nashua were riding in a large group of snowmobilers at midafternoon Friday on Trail 141 in the East Branch area of Indian Stream in New Hampshire’s northernmost town when they collided, Fish & Game officer Chris Egan said in a news release.
Members of Pittsburg Fire and Rescue, along with the Beecher Falls, Vt., firefighters and 45th Parallel EMS also responded, according to Egan.
“It appears that solar glare and snow dust played a role in the incident, and alcohol was not a factor,” Egan said in the release.
Batzdorf was flown from the scene to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he was listed Saturday in stable condition, according to a DHMC spokeswoman.
Lincoln was transported from the scene by rescue sled, and was later flown to Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, where he was listed Saturday in good condition and was later discharged, a CMMC spokeswoman said.
At about 9 p.m. Friday, Fish & Game officers responded to a single snowmobile crash on Trail 139 in Pittsburg. Tracy Freeman, 48, of Epsom, sustained a facial injury after she failed to negotiate a sharp curve on the trail and struck some small trees, according to Egan.
Freeman was treated for her injuries at Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, and officers determined that alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
“Though excessively high speeds do not appear to have been factors in these two incidents, they should serve as reminders for all riders to be prepared to adjust for changeable trail conditions at all times,” wrote Egan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 15
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'