Home » News » Public Safety
Three injured in two Pittsburg snowmobile crashes
Fish & Game officers also investigated a second Pittsburg snowmobile accident Friday night that left an Epsom woman with a facial injury.
David L. Batzdorf, 56, of Candia and William Lincoln, 34, of Nashua were riding in a large group of snowmobilers at midafternoon Friday on Trail 141 in the East Branch area of Indian Stream in New Hampshire’s northernmost town when they collided, Fish & Game officer Chris Egan said in a news release.
Members of Pittsburg Fire and Rescue, along with the Beecher Falls, Vt., firefighters and 45th Parallel EMS also responded, according to Egan.
“It appears that solar glare and snow dust played a role in the incident, and alcohol was not a factor,” Egan said in the release.
Batzdorf was flown from the scene to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon where he was listed Saturday in stable condition, according to a DHMC spokeswoman.
Lincoln was transported from the scene by rescue sled, and was later flown to Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, where he was listed Saturday in good condition and was later discharged, a CMMC spokeswoman said.
At about 9 p.m. Friday, Fish & Game officers responded to a single snowmobile crash on Trail 139 in Pittsburg. Tracy Freeman, 48, of Epsom, sustained a facial injury after she failed to negotiate a sharp curve on the trail and struck some small trees, according to Egan.
Freeman was treated for her injuries at Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, and officers determined that alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
“Though excessively high speeds do not appear to have been factors in these two incidents, they should serve as reminders for all riders to be prepared to adjust for changeable trail conditions at all times,” wrote Egan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 0
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 0
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
ISIS beheads NH journalist
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies