All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Tenants escape Raymond fire

RAYMOND - Three tenants escaped a fire that heavily damaged a home at 19 Lakeview Drive early Saturday morning after smoke detectors alerted them to the flames, according to officials.

Fire Chief Kevin Pratt said the fire apparently started around 2 a.m. after smoking materials discarded in a plastic container on a porch ignited an overhang. The fire spread to the second floor and caused heavy damage before firefighters got it under control.

Pratt said the home was recently renovated and the smoke detectors were new. He said it's an important reminder that smoke detectors wear out and should be replaced at least every 10 years.

Pratt said the home, a converted camp, is not habitable. He said the owners have insurance and expect to rebuild.


Post or View Comments 

NH Maple Weekend NH Maple Weekend
All Weekend

Sap Gathering Contest Sap Gathering Contest
Saturday, 10 a.m.

45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show 45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show
Friday, 1-8 p.m.,
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Ales for Tails Ales for Tails
Sunday, 1-5 p.m.

Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle