Home » News » Public Safety
Tenants escape Raymond fire
Fire Chief Kevin Pratt said the fire apparently started around 2 a.m. after smoking materials discarded in a plastic container on a porch ignited an overhang. The fire spread to the second floor and caused heavy damage before firefighters got it under control.
Pratt said the home was recently renovated and the smoke detectors were new. He said it's an important reminder that smoke detectors wear out and should be replaced at least every 10 years.
Pratt said the home, a converted camp, is not habitable. He said the owners have insurance and expect to rebuild.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 106
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time