Home » Opinion » Editorials
Dumping on Amherst: Selectmen diss townspeople
Having been placed on leave from his job since early December, (with pay, the selectmen finally admitted last week), O'Mara suddenly popped back up at his office last Thursday just as mysteriously as he had vanished.
Requests for information from townsfolk and the Union Leader alike were stonewalled for weeks. The ever-handy "personnel issue" was all that was said.
Now, it appears, O'Mara was suspended with pay while the selectmen looked into the purchase of a dump truck. O'Mara, they say, was cleared of any wrongdoing, as were other unnamed parties. Nothing more can be said, they said.
This is so much of what that dump truck could be filled with as to be laughable.
The selectmen have treated the townspeople as pesky children who are not worthy of the basic information to which they are entitled and to which they should demand. The voters of Amherst would be well-advised to do some serious office-cleaning, starting with their next Town Meeting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
Town may have to fix grave error