Home » Opinion » Editorials
Lucille Lagasse, RIP: A force to be reckoned with
She was refreshingly direct, remarkably well-read, and forever optimistic.
She was not only proud of her heritage, she put her time and energy where her passion was and co-founded the American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Manchester.
She was not only sure of her political conservatism, she backed it up by working tirelessly for political candidates, from local to national. But she only worked for those in whom she saw ideological strength.
She was an iconoclast on health issues.
Believing that diet had helped cure her own serious illness, she practiced what she preached and even wrote a book on the subject in her later years.
Lucille was over 90 when she died. She had been an aircraft mechanic during World War II. Up until fairly recently, she was still working.
Her job? She took care of elderly people. What a role model. What a force. What a lady.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 64
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 56
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 57
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 11
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 73
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test