Home » Opinion » Editorials
Lucille Lagasse, RIP: A force to be reckoned with
She was refreshingly direct, remarkably well-read, and forever optimistic.
She was not only proud of her heritage, she put her time and energy where her passion was and co-founded the American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Manchester.
She was not only sure of her political conservatism, she backed it up by working tirelessly for political candidates, from local to national. But she only worked for those in whom she saw ideological strength.
She was an iconoclast on health issues.
Believing that diet had helped cure her own serious illness, she practiced what she preached and even wrote a book on the subject in her later years.
Lucille was over 90 when she died. She had been an aircraft mechanic during World War II. Up until fairly recently, she was still working.
Her job? She took care of elderly people. What a role model. What a force. What a lady.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 3
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 6
- Electronic benefits: Sin and the EBT card - 2
- ‘Legislative cocaine:’ Gambling and state revenue - 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 14
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Bramante's 'free' education initiative gets green light - 0
- Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot - 3
- Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents - 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Glassman first NH player into D-I dance - 0
- Roger Brown's H.S. Basketball: Bedford girls ready to face Simpson, Lancers - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Roger Simon: Hillary is sick - of the media
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin