Home » Opinion » Editorials
Lucille Lagasse, RIP: A force to be reckoned with
She was refreshingly direct, remarkably well-read, and forever optimistic.
She was not only proud of her heritage, she put her time and energy where her passion was and co-founded the American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Manchester.
She was not only sure of her political conservatism, she backed it up by working tirelessly for political candidates, from local to national. But she only worked for those in whom she saw ideological strength.
She was an iconoclast on health issues.
Believing that diet had helped cure her own serious illness, she practiced what she preached and even wrote a book on the subject in her later years.
Lucille was over 90 when she died. She had been an aircraft mechanic during World War II. Up until fairly recently, she was still working.
Her job? She took care of elderly people. What a role model. What a force. What a lady.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 40
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 36
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 21
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 3
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry victim of Maine shooting expected to recover - 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 1
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 3
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'