Home » Opinion » Editorials
Lucille Lagasse, RIP: A force to be reckoned with
She was refreshingly direct, remarkably well-read, and forever optimistic.
She was not only proud of her heritage, she put her time and energy where her passion was and co-founded the American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Manchester.
She was not only sure of her political conservatism, she backed it up by working tirelessly for political candidates, from local to national. But she only worked for those in whom she saw ideological strength.
She was an iconoclast on health issues.
Believing that diet had helped cure her own serious illness, she practiced what she preached and even wrote a book on the subject in her later years.
Lucille was over 90 when she died. She had been an aircraft mechanic during World War II. Up until fairly recently, she was still working.
Her job? She took care of elderly people. What a role model. What a force. What a lady.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax