Home » News » Public Safety
Fire leaves eight homeless in Belmont
The remains of a home at 544 Province Road in Belmont. The home was destroyed by a two-alarm fire early Sunday morning. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
Laraway said the adult occupants of the home reported they received a call from their children reporting an odor in the horne and they arrived home at approximately 11 p.m. Saturday night.
night escaped through the basement windows, he said.
Belmont firefighters were assisted by fire crews from Alton, Laconia, Tilton-Northfield, Gilford and Gilmanton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 29
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 13
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- One suspected gunman dead, police looking for more suspects in shooting at Canadian parliament - 0
- Keene police release riot images, seek help with identification - 0
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to care for any potential NH Ebola patients, state announces - 0
- Salem mall renovations on target - 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 2
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 2
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Health costs up for Manchester
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?