On Martin Luther King Day: Government offices closed; most stores open
Federal, state and local offices are closed, as are banks, and there is no Postal Service delivery or counter service. But UPS and FedEx will operate as usual.
Federal and state courts will be closed. Trash will be picked up as usual today in Manchester, Concord and Portsmouth, but pickup will be delayed a day all week in Nashua.
Public schools will be closed in all but seven communities: Andover, Holderness, Lyme, Pemi-Baker Regional, Plymouth, Rumney and Thornton.
Stores will be open as usual.
READER COMMENTS: 18
- Most support PSNH selling its plants - 0
- PUC report faults 'status quo' of PSNH plant ownership - 4
- Antrim wind project: Developer offers to eliminate 1 turbine - 6
- State won’t intervene; New Ipswich wind farm scrapped - 5
- Power line study buoys Northern Pass foes - 5
- Northern Pass money dividing North Country opinions - 8
- ExxonMobile lawyers swing hard at MTBE additive case - 2
- Northern Pass vs. the unregulated - 3
- Former PNE power customers promised payment - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641