Home » News » Public Safety
Flying deer takes out Bay State car in Moultonborough
Stephanie Martin, 20, of Casco, Maine, was heading east on Whittier Highway shortly before 6 p.m. Monday when her car hit a deer that ran out in front of her, Sgt. Scott Fulton said.
Fulton said the deer was "launched" into the air by the impact and came down on the windshield and roof of a car driven by Thomas Deeb, 28, of Walpole, Mass., who was heading west.
"It just folded the roof back," he said.
Deeb's car went off the road and hit several trees, Fulton said. Deeb was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia for treatment of his injuries, he said.
Martin was not injured, Fulton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief