Home » News » Public Safety
Flying deer takes out Bay State car in Moultonborough
Stephanie Martin, 20, of Casco, Maine, was heading east on Whittier Highway shortly before 6 p.m. Monday when her car hit a deer that ran out in front of her, Sgt. Scott Fulton said.
Fulton said the deer was "launched" into the air by the impact and came down on the windshield and roof of a car driven by Thomas Deeb, 28, of Walpole, Mass., who was heading west.
"It just folded the roof back," he said.
Deeb's car went off the road and hit several trees, Fulton said. Deeb was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia for treatment of his injuries, he said.
Martin was not injured, Fulton said.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 0
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
- Executive Council vote: Centralized immunization registry becoming a reality - 0
- Littleton music store still playing the right notes - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison