Home » News » Public Safety
Flying deer takes out Bay State car in Moultonborough
Stephanie Martin, 20, of Casco, Maine, was heading east on Whittier Highway shortly before 6 p.m. Monday when her car hit a deer that ran out in front of her, Sgt. Scott Fulton said.
Fulton said the deer was "launched" into the air by the impact and came down on the windshield and roof of a car driven by Thomas Deeb, 28, of Walpole, Mass., who was heading west.
"It just folded the roof back," he said.
Deeb's car went off the road and hit several trees, Fulton said. Deeb was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia for treatment of his injuries, he said.
Martin was not injured, Fulton said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 0
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Police remove dogs, cats and pig from Derry home after report of strong odor - 0
- Former New London police chief settles with female accuser - 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
- Former owners of 'casualty' of Northern Pass file appeal - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules