Home » News » Public Safety
Flying deer takes out Bay State car in Moultonborough
Stephanie Martin, 20, of Casco, Maine, was heading east on Whittier Highway shortly before 6 p.m. Monday when her car hit a deer that ran out in front of her, Sgt. Scott Fulton said.
Fulton said the deer was "launched" into the air by the impact and came down on the windshield and roof of a car driven by Thomas Deeb, 28, of Walpole, Mass., who was heading west.
"It just folded the roof back," he said.
Deeb's car went off the road and hit several trees, Fulton said. Deeb was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia for treatment of his injuries, he said.
Martin was not injured, Fulton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council