Home » News » Public Safety
Flying deer takes out Bay State car in Moultonborough
Stephanie Martin, 20, of Casco, Maine, was heading east on Whittier Highway shortly before 6 p.m. Monday when her car hit a deer that ran out in front of her, Sgt. Scott Fulton said.
Fulton said the deer was "launched" into the air by the impact and came down on the windshield and roof of a car driven by Thomas Deeb, 28, of Walpole, Mass., who was heading west.
"It just folded the roof back," he said.
Deeb's car went off the road and hit several trees, Fulton said. Deeb was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia for treatment of his injuries, he said.
Martin was not injured, Fulton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree