Home » News » Public Safety
Weare fire destroys building; no injuries reported
Fire officials said a report of a brush fire in the area of 173 South Stark Highway was called in about 10 p.m. Within 10 minutes, Engine 4 from the South Weare fire station was on the scene of a fire in a large two-story buidling at 58 Norris Road.
By then, however, the building was consumed by flames and had collapsed. The entire building and its contents were destroyed, according to fire officials.
Firefighters from several surrounding communities helped to battle the fire in icy conditions. Water had to be trucked in by tankers.
Goffstown, New Boston, Henniker and Dunbarton provided mutual aid.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
No one was injured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth