Home » News » Public Safety
Weare fire destroys building; no injuries reported
Fire officials said a report of a brush fire in the area of 173 South Stark Highway was called in about 10 p.m. Within 10 minutes, Engine 4 from the South Weare fire station was on the scene of a fire in a large two-story buidling at 58 Norris Road.
By then, however, the building was consumed by flames and had collapsed. The entire building and its contents were destroyed, according to fire officials.
Firefighters from several surrounding communities helped to battle the fire in icy conditions. Water had to be trucked in by tankers.
Goffstown, New Boston, Henniker and Dunbarton provided mutual aid.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
No one was injured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072