Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Former Attorney General Peter Heed pleads guilty to DWI
Police said Heed was sentenced to a nine-month suspension of his driver's license and a $500 fine. He can petition to have his license returned to him after 90 days if he completes the Impaired Driver Care Management Plan within 14 days of his conviction, police said.
"The sentence Heed received (is) the standard for first time offenders where no extenuating circumstances exist," such as high blood-alcohol content, causing serious injury or an attempt to elude officers, police said in a statement.
Heed was scheduled to be arraigned today, but given his former role as the state's attorney general, "a neutral and detached justice was needed given Heed's familiarity with the surrounding courts," the release said.
Sgt. Shawn Skahan said Judge Lawrence MacLeod was able to hear the case Tuesday.
Heed had been releected Cheshire County attorney in November, after which he announced he was leaving that office to pursue a law practice with a private firm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact