Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Former Attorney General Peter Heed pleads guilty to DWI
Police said Heed was sentenced to a nine-month suspension of his driver's license and a $500 fine. He can petition to have his license returned to him after 90 days if he completes the Impaired Driver Care Management Plan within 14 days of his conviction, police said.
"The sentence Heed received (is) the standard for first time offenders where no extenuating circumstances exist," such as high blood-alcohol content, causing serious injury or an attempt to elude officers, police said in a statement.
Heed was scheduled to be arraigned today, but given his former role as the state's attorney general, "a neutral and detached justice was needed given Heed's familiarity with the surrounding courts," the release said.
Sgt. Shawn Skahan said Judge Lawrence MacLeod was able to hear the case Tuesday.
Heed had been releected Cheshire County attorney in November, after which he announced he was leaving that office to pursue a law practice with a private firm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
- Lee police looking for vehicle involved in break-in - 0
- Hinsdale man arrested on prostitution charge - 0
- Gravestone vandalized in Exeter’s Winter Street Cemetery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 2
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 9
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
- NHIAA football: Bedford hangs on, outlasts Concord - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy