Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Child assault trial to begin Tuesday for ex-Albany man
Justin Roy, 34, is standing trial on multiple felony charges connected to the beating that left the toddler son of Roy's ex-girlfriend, Heather Downs, near death.
The boy sustained serious abdominal injuries, spent several weeks at the Maine Medical Center, but has since recovered. He and his younger siblings are in the care of grandparents and his biological father in Maine.
Roy was arrested in April 2012 following a three-and-a-half-month investigation into the assaults that were reported Dec. 19, 2011.
Downs was living with Roy and her three children, a baby boy, the two-year-old victim, and a seven-year-old son, at a mobile home for three months prior to the alleged assaults.
Late Tuesday afternoon, Carroll County Attorney Robin Gordon confirmed that a pool of 12 jurors and two alternates were chosen after several hours of selection.
The Roy trial is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. with a preview statement from the judge, followed by a bus trip to the residence in Albany, Roy's mother's mobile home and shed, where the assaults allegedly took place.
Gordon said the judge in the case, Justice Steve Houran, also plans on hearing opening arguments today if time allows.
Deputy County Attorney Susan Boone is prosecuting the case for the state. Defense attorneys Wade Harwood and Howard Clapman of the New Hampshire Public Defenders office in Laconia are representing Roy.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483