Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Flagged down by teen, Manchester police chase after girl's cell phone
Officers checking the area spotted Jonathan Dearborn, 20, on Amherst Street, near Ashland Street, and pursued him on foot through several yards before catching him at a Laurel Street address.
Dearborn was found in possession of the phone, which was returned to its owner, and he was charged with resisting arrest and receiving stolen property.
Man was jumped, stabbed
A 28-year-old man told police that two men jumped him and stabbed him in the arm in the area of Massabesic and Summer streets about 6 p.m. Sunday.
Police were called to the Catholic Medical Center for a reported stabbing, where the victim told them he had purchased milk and cigarettes at the Shop and Go Market, 188 Massabesic St., and as he left the store, two men who had been loitering outside asked him for a cigarette.
He refused and as he walked away, he told police, he was hit from behind and knocked to the ground. As he tried to stand up, he saw the two men from the store, one of them armed with a knife with a long serrated blade. The victim said he covered his head with his arms and felt a blow to his left forearm, but he was able to get up and run off.
Arriving home, he discovered the cut and called a friend who drove him to the hospital.
He described the men as dark-skinned black males with short hair. He said one was possibly wearing a navy blue hooded sweatshirt with white writing.
During the brief cigarette request exchange, he said the men spoke in broken English with a heavy accent.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Manchester Police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
Jewelry store burglarized
Police responding to an alarm activation at Amoskeag Jewelers, 175 Kelley St., at about 6:40 a.m. Sunday found a glass panel in the front door smashed and the glass top to a display case shattered.
When the owner arrived, he said assorted jewelry items valued at as much as $5,000 had been removed from the display case, but a further inventory was needed to determine exactly what was taken.
Officers and a K-9 unit canvassed the area in an effort to locate the burglar or burglars, but without success.
Anyone with information on the burglary is asked to contact Manchester Police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 2
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 1
- Manchester Crime Watch: City man sought to fight charge representing himself - 0
- Chilling display of Mazzaglia evidence - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917