Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Flagged down by teen, Manchester police chase after girl's cell phone
Officers checking the area spotted Jonathan Dearborn, 20, on Amherst Street, near Ashland Street, and pursued him on foot through several yards before catching him at a Laurel Street address.
Dearborn was found in possession of the phone, which was returned to its owner, and he was charged with resisting arrest and receiving stolen property.
Man was jumped, stabbed
A 28-year-old man told police that two men jumped him and stabbed him in the arm in the area of Massabesic and Summer streets about 6 p.m. Sunday.
Police were called to the Catholic Medical Center for a reported stabbing, where the victim told them he had purchased milk and cigarettes at the Shop and Go Market, 188 Massabesic St., and as he left the store, two men who had been loitering outside asked him for a cigarette.
He refused and as he walked away, he told police, he was hit from behind and knocked to the ground. As he tried to stand up, he saw the two men from the store, one of them armed with a knife with a long serrated blade. The victim said he covered his head with his arms and felt a blow to his left forearm, but he was able to get up and run off.
Arriving home, he discovered the cut and called a friend who drove him to the hospital.
He described the men as dark-skinned black males with short hair. He said one was possibly wearing a navy blue hooded sweatshirt with white writing.
During the brief cigarette request exchange, he said the men spoke in broken English with a heavy accent.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact Manchester Police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
Jewelry store burglarized
Police responding to an alarm activation at Amoskeag Jewelers, 175 Kelley St., at about 6:40 a.m. Sunday found a glass panel in the front door smashed and the glass top to a display case shattered.
When the owner arrived, he said assorted jewelry items valued at as much as $5,000 had been removed from the display case, but a further inventory was needed to determine exactly what was taken.
Officers and a K-9 unit canvassed the area in an effort to locate the burglar or burglars, but without success.
Anyone with information on the burglary is asked to contact Manchester Police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police searching for bank robber - 0
- Victim: Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' - 14
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 7
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 1
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Jolyon Johnson: Mount Sunapee's expansion is not in NH's best interests - 1
- A good story soothes any savage beast ... at least until Poppop leaves for work - 0
- Pressuring FairPoint: Dems take a safe stand - 3
- Parker scholar cites Inter-Lakes academic advances - 0
- Secret speakeasy returns city to Roaring 20s - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats go through the motions - 0
- In Plaistow, business owner is seeing stars - 0
- New owners of North Woodstock dinner train plan to expand to year-round - 0
- Motivation Matters: Keep New Year's resolutions by choosing the right motivation - 0
DWI License Revocations
Details of Reams inquiry released
Instead of a ticket, he got $100 from police
A working port: For a working state
Details of Reams inquiry released
Pressuring FairPoint: Dems take a safe stand
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483