Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Deerfield man faces enhanced charges
Stanley West, 40, was indicted on three counts of simple assault on a law enforcement officer for allegedly punching Deerfield police Officer Roger St. Onge on Dec. 19, and holding his head to the ground, prosecutors said.
West faces up to two to five years in state prison on each of the charges. He was also indicted on a misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.
Prosecutors say that St. Onge came to West's home at 97 Old Center Road just after midnight in response to a 911 call in which somebody hung up.
When the officer arrived at the home at 12:24 a.m., he knocked on the front door but no one answered, police said.
St. Onge announced himself as a police officer as he knocked again, bringing West to the front door, police said.
West told the officer that no one at the home called 911, but St. Onge started to open the screen door and asked if he could enter, according to court records.
West tackled the officer, sending the two down the front steps, police said. West allegedly landed on top of St. Onge and punched him repeatedly in the face, indictments say.
West also held St. Onge's head to the ground with one or both of his hands pushing against the officer's face, according to prosecutors.
The incident landed both West and his wife, Margaret Schultz, 44, in county jail on the night of the incident.
Schultz was initially charged with reckless conduct for allegedly firing a gun while St. Onge and her husband struggled, but she was not indicted by the grand jury.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483