Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Deerfield man faces enhanced charges
Stanley West, 40, was indicted on three counts of simple assault on a law enforcement officer for allegedly punching Deerfield police Officer Roger St. Onge on Dec. 19, and holding his head to the ground, prosecutors said.
West faces up to two to five years in state prison on each of the charges. He was also indicted on a misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.
Prosecutors say that St. Onge came to West's home at 97 Old Center Road just after midnight in response to a 911 call in which somebody hung up.
When the officer arrived at the home at 12:24 a.m., he knocked on the front door but no one answered, police said.
St. Onge announced himself as a police officer as he knocked again, bringing West to the front door, police said.
West told the officer that no one at the home called 911, but St. Onge started to open the screen door and asked if he could enter, according to court records.
West tackled the officer, sending the two down the front steps, police said. West allegedly landed on top of St. Onge and punched him repeatedly in the face, indictments say.
West also held St. Onge's head to the ground with one or both of his hands pushing against the officer's face, according to prosecutors.
The incident landed both West and his wife, Margaret Schultz, 44, in county jail on the night of the incident.
Schultz was initially charged with reckless conduct for allegedly firing a gun while St. Onge and her husband struggled, but she was not indicted by the grand jury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal