May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Deerfield man faces enhanced charges
Stanley West, 40, was indicted on three counts of simple assault on a law enforcement officer for allegedly punching Deerfield police Officer Roger St. Onge on Dec. 19, and holding his head to the ground, prosecutors said.
West faces up to two to five years in state prison on each of the charges. He was also indicted on a misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.
Prosecutors say that St. Onge came to West's home at 97 Old Center Road just after midnight in response to a 911 call in which somebody hung up.
When the officer arrived at the home at 12:24 a.m., he knocked on the front door but no one answered, police said.
St. Onge announced himself as a police officer as he knocked again, bringing West to the front door, police said.
West told the officer that no one at the home called 911, but St. Onge started to open the screen door and asked if he could enter, according to court records.
West tackled the officer, sending the two down the front steps, police said. West allegedly landed on top of St. Onge and punched him repeatedly in the face, indictments say.
West also held St. Onge's head to the ground with one or both of his hands pushing against the officer's face, according to prosecutors.
The incident landed both West and his wife, Margaret Schultz, 44, in county jail on the night of the incident.
Schultz was initially charged with reckless conduct for allegedly firing a gun while St. Onge and her husband struggled, but she was not indicted by the grand jury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424