Impasse declared in Mascenic School District teachers' negotiations
According to joint statement from the school board and the Mascenic Education Association, several joint negotiating sessions and mediation couldn't bridge the gap between what the union and the school board demanded from the contract.
The main sticking point, according to the statement, was a disagreement over a process that would have allowed tenured teachers who were not rehired to appeal the decision. The board wanted to limit that right to appeal, but the union would not agree to changes.
The board and the union were not far off on reaching an agreement for increased salaries, but because of the impasse over the appeals process, the negotiations stalled. As a result, the statement said it's unlikely there will be a collective bargaining agreement in place for the 2013-14 school year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- UNH defensive tackle Jared Smith chosen by Seattle - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats piece puzzle together - 0
- Texans tap Londonderry's Griffin in NFL Draft - 1
- Patriots make LB, WR top draft picks - 0
- Vikings make NFL Draft splash with three first-round picks, huge trade with Pats - 0
- Top pick Fisher leads linemen's march at NFL Draft - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Patience a virtue for Pats - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Londonderry emergency shelter will now be open to pets - 0
Dodgeball returns to Windham schools
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112