Impasse declared in Mascenic School District teachers' negotiations
According to joint statement from the school board and the Mascenic Education Association, several joint negotiating sessions and mediation couldn't bridge the gap between what the union and the school board demanded from the contract.
The main sticking point, according to the statement, was a disagreement over a process that would have allowed tenured teachers who were not rehired to appeal the decision. The board wanted to limit that right to appeal, but the union would not agree to changes.
The board and the union were not far off on reaching an agreement for increased salaries, but because of the impasse over the appeals process, the negotiations stalled. As a result, the statement said it's unlikely there will be a collective bargaining agreement in place for the 2013-14 school year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
- Keene State professor eager to explore plant’s mysteries - 0
- Windham to reconsider dodgeball ban - 0
- Hooksett students taken to nearby school after gas leak - 0
- Londonderry students who haven't had whooping cough vaccine asked to stay home - 0
- Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation' - 1
- Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith - 0
- Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112