Impasse declared in Mascenic School District teachers' negotiations
According to joint statement from the school board and the Mascenic Education Association, several joint negotiating sessions and mediation couldn't bridge the gap between what the union and the school board demanded from the contract.
The main sticking point, according to the statement, was a disagreement over a process that would have allowed tenured teachers who were not rehired to appeal the decision. The board wanted to limit that right to appeal, but the union would not agree to changes.
The board and the union were not far off on reaching an agreement for increased salaries, but because of the impasse over the appeals process, the negotiations stalled. As a result, the statement said it's unlikely there will be a collective bargaining agreement in place for the 2013-14 school year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen Jeanne Shaheen and Judd Gregg: Connecticut River headwaters are for trees, not towers - 4
- Sen. Sylvia Larsen: Expanding Medicaid is all benefit, no cost for New Hampshire - 29
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112