Home » News » Public Safety
Morning chimney fire damages Mancheter home
The fire was reported just after 11:30 a.m. at the 216 Groveland Ave. residence. Homeowner Travis Lovering smelled smoke and realized there was a chimney fire. He quickly got out of the house, where he has resided for six years.
District Chief Al Poulin said the fire started as a result of a wood stove. He said this time of year, half-way through the winter season and when the coldest temperatures settle in, is when the most chimney fires occur.
He said homeowners should have their chimneys cleaned annually, make sure they are in good working order and that there are no cracks in the chimney lining.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 1
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 5
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'