All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In



The fire was reported just after 11:30 a.m. at the 216 Groveland Ave. residence. Homeowner Travis Lovering smelled smoke and realized there was a chimney fire. (Pat Grossmith/Union Leader)

Morning chimney fire damages Mancheter home

MANCHESTER - Firefighters quickly extinguished a chimney fire Tuesday morning in a single-family home on Groveland Avenue.

The fire was reported just after 11:30 a.m. at the 216 Groveland Ave. residence. Homeowner Travis Lovering smelled smoke and realized there was a chimney fire. He quickly got out of the house, where he has resided for six years.

District Chief Al Poulin said the fire started as a result of a wood stove. He said this time of year, half-way through the winter season and when the coldest temperatures settle in, is when the most chimney fires occur.

He said homeowners should have their chimneys cleaned annually, make sure they are in good working order and that there are no cracks in the chimney lining.


action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety