All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In



The fire was reported just after 11:30 a.m. at the 216 Groveland Ave. residence. Homeowner Travis Lovering smelled smoke and realized there was a chimney fire. (Pat Grossmith/Union Leader)

Morning chimney fire damages Mancheter home


MANCHESTER - Firefighters quickly extinguished a chimney fire Tuesday morning in a single-family home on Groveland Avenue.

The fire was reported just after 11:30 a.m. at the 216 Groveland Ave. residence. Homeowner Travis Lovering smelled smoke and realized there was a chimney fire. He quickly got out of the house, where he has resided for six years.

District Chief Al Poulin said the fire started as a result of a wood stove. He said this time of year, half-way through the winter season and when the coldest temperatures settle in, is when the most chimney fires occur.

He said homeowners should have their chimneys cleaned annually, make sure they are in good working order and that there are no cracks in the chimney lining.


Trace Adkins
Saturday, 8 p.m.

Ringling Bros. and Barnum Bailey presents Circus XTREME
Friday, 7 p.m.
Saturday, 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.,
Sunday, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.

Moniff: 5th Annual Monadnock Int'l Film Festival
Friday, 9:30 a.m.,
Saturday, 9:30 a.m.,
Sunday, 9 a.m.

Earth Day Celebration
Friday, 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.

Greater Dover Home Show
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.,
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.