June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Bolt cutters used to steal coins at Manchester antiques shop
An inventory of what was stolen Tuesday afternoon from Antiques on Elm, 321 Elm St., is not complete, said Lt. Maureen Tessier. However, at least three coins, including the $250 coin, were taken. The other two are valued at $150 each.
According to police, about 2 p.m. a clerk noticed a man and a woman, who appeared to be together, acting suspiciously near the display case.
The clerk was distracted by another customer, however, and later when she looked back at the display case she noticed the lock was cut off and the coins were missing. She found bolt cutters nearby. The man she had seen earlier was gone.
The woman was still inside the store but, the clerk told police, she denied any knowledge of the theft and soon left the store.
The man seen near the display case is described as a 5-foot-9, slightly overweight white man in his 40s with brown hair. He was wearing a baseball hat with "NYC" on the front and a dark jacket with gray on the shoulders.
The woman he appeared to be with is described as white, in her late 20s with blond hair. She was wearing a light-colored jacket and black pants.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 16
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424