Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Bolt cutters used to steal coins at Manchester antiques shop
An inventory of what was stolen Tuesday afternoon from Antiques on Elm, 321 Elm St., is not complete, said Lt. Maureen Tessier. However, at least three coins, including the $250 coin, were taken. The other two are valued at $150 each.
According to police, about 2 p.m. a clerk noticed a man and a woman, who appeared to be together, acting suspiciously near the display case.
The clerk was distracted by another customer, however, and later when she looked back at the display case she noticed the lock was cut off and the coins were missing. She found bolt cutters nearby. The man she had seen earlier was gone.
The woman was still inside the store but, the clerk told police, she denied any knowledge of the theft and soon left the store.
The man seen near the display case is described as a 5-foot-9, slightly overweight white man in his 40s with brown hair. He was wearing a baseball hat with "NYC" on the front and a dark jacket with gray on the shoulders.
The woman he appeared to be with is described as white, in her late 20s with blond hair. She was wearing a light-colored jacket and black pants.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424