Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Bolt cutters used to steal coins at Manchester antiques shop
An inventory of what was stolen Tuesday afternoon from Antiques on Elm, 321 Elm St., is not complete, said Lt. Maureen Tessier. However, at least three coins, including the $250 coin, were taken. The other two are valued at $150 each.
According to police, about 2 p.m. a clerk noticed a man and a woman, who appeared to be together, acting suspiciously near the display case.
The clerk was distracted by another customer, however, and later when she looked back at the display case she noticed the lock was cut off and the coins were missing. She found bolt cutters nearby. The man she had seen earlier was gone.
The woman was still inside the store but, the clerk told police, she denied any knowledge of the theft and soon left the store.
The man seen near the display case is described as a 5-foot-9, slightly overweight white man in his 40s with brown hair. He was wearing a baseball hat with "NYC" on the front and a dark jacket with gray on the shoulders.
The woman he appeared to be with is described as white, in her late 20s with blond hair. She was wearing a light-colored jacket and black pants.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483