June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Bolt cutters used to steal coins at Manchester antiques shop
An inventory of what was stolen Tuesday afternoon from Antiques on Elm, 321 Elm St., is not complete, said Lt. Maureen Tessier. However, at least three coins, including the $250 coin, were taken. The other two are valued at $150 each.
According to police, about 2 p.m. a clerk noticed a man and a woman, who appeared to be together, acting suspiciously near the display case.
The clerk was distracted by another customer, however, and later when she looked back at the display case she noticed the lock was cut off and the coins were missing. She found bolt cutters nearby. The man she had seen earlier was gone.
The woman was still inside the store but, the clerk told police, she denied any knowledge of the theft and soon left the store.
The man seen near the display case is described as a 5-foot-9, slightly overweight white man in his 40s with brown hair. He was wearing a baseball hat with "NYC" on the front and a dark jacket with gray on the shoulders.
The woman he appeared to be with is described as white, in her late 20s with blond hair. She was wearing a light-colored jacket and black pants.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 32
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424