Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Bolt cutters used to steal coins at Manchester antiques shop
An inventory of what was stolen Tuesday afternoon from Antiques on Elm, 321 Elm St., is not complete, said Lt. Maureen Tessier. However, at least three coins, including the $250 coin, were taken. The other two are valued at $150 each.
According to police, about 2 p.m. a clerk noticed a man and a woman, who appeared to be together, acting suspiciously near the display case.
The clerk was distracted by another customer, however, and later when she looked back at the display case she noticed the lock was cut off and the coins were missing. She found bolt cutters nearby. The man she had seen earlier was gone.
The woman was still inside the store but, the clerk told police, she denied any knowledge of the theft and soon left the store.
The man seen near the display case is described as a 5-foot-9, slightly overweight white man in his 40s with brown hair. He was wearing a baseball hat with "NYC" on the front and a dark jacket with gray on the shoulders.
The woman he appeared to be with is described as white, in her late 20s with blond hair. She was wearing a light-colored jacket and black pants.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bodies of mother, son found in Amherst home in apparent murder-suicide - 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 3
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 9
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 1
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 3
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917