Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester woman kidnapped in ransom attempt, police say
The incident began about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when the 26-year-old woman arrived home from work at her South Elm Street residence.
She told police she got out of her car and walked around to the passenger side to get her purse when she was grabbed by two men.
They escorted her to her apartment building and tried to force their way inside her apartment after discovering she did not have the key to a deadbolt lock. When they couldn't break in, they brought her back outside and walked her down the block to their parked vehicle where they forced into the back seat. One of the men sat next to her as the other drove away from the area.
They told her they wanted money and ordered her to call her boyfriend to get the cash for them. She called him and told him the kidnappers' demand, but he immediately called police.
For about an hour, the kidnappers drove randomly around the city with the woman, apparently waiting for the ransom drop. However, they became increasingly concerned police were called and about 6:30 p.m. they abandoned her, unharmed, near Maryland and New York Avenues. The woman ran up the street and asked a resident for help.
Both kidnappers are described as Hispanic men in their 20s. One weighed about 250 pounds and wore jeans and a hooded top. The other man had a thin build and wore jeans and a jacket with red sleeves. He also wore red and gray low top Nike sneakers.
The men mentioned they had a gun but none was ever shown.
The vehicle is described as a dark-colored SUV with a tan interior.
Anyone with information about the kidnapping is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 668-8711 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief