Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester woman kidnapped in ransom attempt, police say
The incident began about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when the 26-year-old woman arrived home from work at her South Elm Street residence.
She told police she got out of her car and walked around to the passenger side to get her purse when she was grabbed by two men.
They escorted her to her apartment building and tried to force their way inside her apartment after discovering she did not have the key to a deadbolt lock. When they couldn't break in, they brought her back outside and walked her down the block to their parked vehicle where they forced into the back seat. One of the men sat next to her as the other drove away from the area.
They told her they wanted money and ordered her to call her boyfriend to get the cash for them. She called him and told him the kidnappers' demand, but he immediately called police.
For about an hour, the kidnappers drove randomly around the city with the woman, apparently waiting for the ransom drop. However, they became increasingly concerned police were called and about 6:30 p.m. they abandoned her, unharmed, near Maryland and New York Avenues. The woman ran up the street and asked a resident for help.
Both kidnappers are described as Hispanic men in their 20s. One weighed about 250 pounds and wore jeans and a hooded top. The other man had a thin build and wore jeans and a jacket with red sleeves. He also wore red and gray low top Nike sneakers.
The men mentioned they had a gun but none was ever shown.
The vehicle is described as a dark-colored SUV with a tan interior.
Anyone with information about the kidnapping is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 668-8711 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424