Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester woman kidnapped in ransom attempt, police say
The incident began about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when the 26-year-old woman arrived home from work at her South Elm Street residence.
She told police she got out of her car and walked around to the passenger side to get her purse when she was grabbed by two men.
They escorted her to her apartment building and tried to force their way inside her apartment after discovering she did not have the key to a deadbolt lock. When they couldn't break in, they brought her back outside and walked her down the block to their parked vehicle where they forced into the back seat. One of the men sat next to her as the other drove away from the area.
They told her they wanted money and ordered her to call her boyfriend to get the cash for them. She called him and told him the kidnappers' demand, but he immediately called police.
For about an hour, the kidnappers drove randomly around the city with the woman, apparently waiting for the ransom drop. However, they became increasingly concerned police were called and about 6:30 p.m. they abandoned her, unharmed, near Maryland and New York Avenues. The woman ran up the street and asked a resident for help.
Both kidnappers are described as Hispanic men in their 20s. One weighed about 250 pounds and wore jeans and a hooded top. The other man had a thin build and wore jeans and a jacket with red sleeves. He also wore red and gray low top Nike sneakers.
The men mentioned they had a gun but none was ever shown.
The vehicle is described as a dark-colored SUV with a tan interior.
Anyone with information about the kidnapping is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 668-8711 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 2
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth