Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Manchester woman kidnapped in ransom attempt, police say
The incident began about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when the 26-year-old woman arrived home from work at her South Elm Street residence.
She told police she got out of her car and walked around to the passenger side to get her purse when she was grabbed by two men.
They escorted her to her apartment building and tried to force their way inside her apartment after discovering she did not have the key to a deadbolt lock. When they couldn't break in, they brought her back outside and walked her down the block to their parked vehicle where they forced into the back seat. One of the men sat next to her as the other drove away from the area.
They told her they wanted money and ordered her to call her boyfriend to get the cash for them. She called him and told him the kidnappers' demand, but he immediately called police.
For about an hour, the kidnappers drove randomly around the city with the woman, apparently waiting for the ransom drop. However, they became increasingly concerned police were called and about 6:30 p.m. they abandoned her, unharmed, near Maryland and New York Avenues. The woman ran up the street and asked a resident for help.
Both kidnappers are described as Hispanic men in their 20s. One weighed about 250 pounds and wore jeans and a hooded top. The other man had a thin build and wore jeans and a jacket with red sleeves. He also wore red and gray low top Nike sneakers.
The men mentioned they had a gun but none was ever shown.
The vehicle is described as a dark-colored SUV with a tan interior.
Anyone with information about the kidnapping is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 668-8711 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 7
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 24
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 3
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483