May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Manchester woman kidnapped in ransom attempt, police say
The incident began about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when the 26-year-old woman arrived home from work at her South Elm Street residence.
She told police she got out of her car and walked around to the passenger side to get her purse when she was grabbed by two men.
They escorted her to her apartment building and tried to force their way inside her apartment after discovering she did not have the key to a deadbolt lock. When they couldn't break in, they brought her back outside and walked her down the block to their parked vehicle where they forced into the back seat. One of the men sat next to her as the other drove away from the area.
They told her they wanted money and ordered her to call her boyfriend to get the cash for them. She called him and told him the kidnappers' demand, but he immediately called police.
For about an hour, the kidnappers drove randomly around the city with the woman, apparently waiting for the ransom drop. However, they became increasingly concerned police were called and about 6:30 p.m. they abandoned her, unharmed, near Maryland and New York Avenues. The woman ran up the street and asked a resident for help.
Both kidnappers are described as Hispanic men in their 20s. One weighed about 250 pounds and wore jeans and a hooded top. The other man had a thin build and wore jeans and a jacket with red sleeves. He also wore red and gray low top Nike sneakers.
The men mentioned they had a gun but none was ever shown.
The vehicle is described as a dark-colored SUV with a tan interior.
Anyone with information about the kidnapping is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 668-8711 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424