Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Westmoreland woman charged with lying to police about being raped and robbed to get Keene man arrested
Ashley L. Brideau, 28, was arrested Tuesday and charged with filing a false report to law enforcement, a misdemeanor. She allegedly told police she was the victim of a rape and robbery with the purpose of "inducing said officers to believe another, to wit David Wambolt, had committed these offenses," according to the complaint.
Police arrested Wambolt, 35, of Keene on Jan. 8, based on Brideau's allegations, and charged him with aggravated felonious sexual assault, strong-arm robbery, conspiracy to purchase a controlled drug (heroin) and failing to comply with the sexual offender registration law. He was held in the Cheshire County jail in lieu of cash bail.
Detectives continued to investigate the allegations and Brideau's account, which police said became more and more questionable. On Jan. 16, the state dropped the rape and robbery charges against Wambolt. The other charges remain in place as well as an unrelated count of violating a protective order - telephoning a person who he was prohibited from contacting by a court order - a call he allegedly made while in jail
Wambolt was released from jail that same day but on Monday he was arrested again for violating a protective order. He was arraigned on Jan. 22 on that charge and returned to jail on $2,000 cash bail.
What's next: Brideau also was arrested on an outstanding bench warrant for failing to appear in court in July 2012 for a motor vehicle offense. She is in jail on $400 cash bail pending arraignment today in 8th Circuit Court - Keene District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 4
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus