May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Westmoreland woman charged with lying to police about being raped and robbed to get Keene man arrested
Ashley L. Brideau, 28, was arrested Tuesday and charged with filing a false report to law enforcement, a misdemeanor. She allegedly told police she was the victim of a rape and robbery with the purpose of "inducing said officers to believe another, to wit David Wambolt, had committed these offenses," according to the complaint.
Police arrested Wambolt, 35, of Keene on Jan. 8, based on Brideau's allegations, and charged him with aggravated felonious sexual assault, strong-arm robbery, conspiracy to purchase a controlled drug (heroin) and failing to comply with the sexual offender registration law. He was held in the Cheshire County jail in lieu of cash bail.
Detectives continued to investigate the allegations and Brideau's account, which police said became more and more questionable. On Jan. 16, the state dropped the rape and robbery charges against Wambolt. The other charges remain in place as well as an unrelated count of violating a protective order - telephoning a person who he was prohibited from contacting by a court order - a call he allegedly made while in jail
Wambolt was released from jail that same day but on Monday he was arrested again for violating a protective order. He was arraigned on Jan. 22 on that charge and returned to jail on $2,000 cash bail.
What's next: Brideau also was arrested on an outstanding bench warrant for failing to appear in court in July 2012 for a motor vehicle offense. She is in jail on $400 cash bail pending arraignment today in 8th Circuit Court - Keene District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424