May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Westmoreland woman charged with lying to police about being raped and robbed to get Keene man arrested
Ashley L. Brideau, 28, was arrested Tuesday and charged with filing a false report to law enforcement, a misdemeanor. She allegedly told police she was the victim of a rape and robbery with the purpose of "inducing said officers to believe another, to wit David Wambolt, had committed these offenses," according to the complaint.
Police arrested Wambolt, 35, of Keene on Jan. 8, based on Brideau's allegations, and charged him with aggravated felonious sexual assault, strong-arm robbery, conspiracy to purchase a controlled drug (heroin) and failing to comply with the sexual offender registration law. He was held in the Cheshire County jail in lieu of cash bail.
Detectives continued to investigate the allegations and Brideau's account, which police said became more and more questionable. On Jan. 16, the state dropped the rape and robbery charges against Wambolt. The other charges remain in place as well as an unrelated count of violating a protective order - telephoning a person who he was prohibited from contacting by a court order - a call he allegedly made while in jail
Wambolt was released from jail that same day but on Monday he was arrested again for violating a protective order. He was arraigned on Jan. 22 on that charge and returned to jail on $2,000 cash bail.
What's next: Brideau also was arrested on an outstanding bench warrant for failing to appear in court in July 2012 for a motor vehicle offense. She is in jail on $400 cash bail pending arraignment today in 8th Circuit Court - Keene District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424