Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Westmoreland woman charged with lying to police about being raped and robbed to get Keene man arrested
Ashley L. Brideau, 28, was arrested Tuesday and charged with filing a false report to law enforcement, a misdemeanor. She allegedly told police she was the victim of a rape and robbery with the purpose of "inducing said officers to believe another, to wit David Wambolt, had committed these offenses," according to the complaint.
Police arrested Wambolt, 35, of Keene on Jan. 8, based on Brideau's allegations, and charged him with aggravated felonious sexual assault, strong-arm robbery, conspiracy to purchase a controlled drug (heroin) and failing to comply with the sexual offender registration law. He was held in the Cheshire County jail in lieu of cash bail.
Detectives continued to investigate the allegations and Brideau's account, which police said became more and more questionable. On Jan. 16, the state dropped the rape and robbery charges against Wambolt. The other charges remain in place as well as an unrelated count of violating a protective order - telephoning a person who he was prohibited from contacting by a court order - a call he allegedly made while in jail
Wambolt was released from jail that same day but on Monday he was arrested again for violating a protective order. He was arraigned on Jan. 22 on that charge and returned to jail on $2,000 cash bail.
What's next: Brideau also was arrested on an outstanding bench warrant for failing to appear in court in July 2012 for a motor vehicle offense. She is in jail on $400 cash bail pending arraignment today in 8th Circuit Court - Keene District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424