Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Westmoreland woman charged with lying to police about being raped and robbed to get Keene man arrested
Ashley L. Brideau, 28, was arrested Tuesday and charged with filing a false report to law enforcement, a misdemeanor. She allegedly told police she was the victim of a rape and robbery with the purpose of "inducing said officers to believe another, to wit David Wambolt, had committed these offenses," according to the complaint.
Police arrested Wambolt, 35, of Keene on Jan. 8, based on Brideau's allegations, and charged him with aggravated felonious sexual assault, strong-arm robbery, conspiracy to purchase a controlled drug (heroin) and failing to comply with the sexual offender registration law. He was held in the Cheshire County jail in lieu of cash bail.
Detectives continued to investigate the allegations and Brideau's account, which police said became more and more questionable. On Jan. 16, the state dropped the rape and robbery charges against Wambolt. The other charges remain in place as well as an unrelated count of violating a protective order - telephoning a person who he was prohibited from contacting by a court order - a call he allegedly made while in jail
Wambolt was released from jail that same day but on Monday he was arrested again for violating a protective order. He was arraigned on Jan. 22 on that charge and returned to jail on $2,000 cash bail.
What's next: Brideau also was arrested on an outstanding bench warrant for failing to appear in court in July 2012 for a motor vehicle offense. She is in jail on $400 cash bail pending arraignment today in 8th Circuit Court - Keene District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 3
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483