Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Keene police report possible scam targeting email
Investigators said a citizen filed a complaint after receiving an email purportedly from Time Warner Cable directing the customer to click a hyperlink under the pretense of the need to update the customer's billing information.
This email was a scam, police said. Time Warner Cable indicates it never sought, nor ever will, to update a customer's confidential billing information via email and/or the internet.
Time Warner received numerous, similar reports of fraud from across the country, according to police, and customers are urged to report the receipt of these scams or phishing attempts to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Call police if financial information was fraudulently obtained, whether or not money is missing.
Residents also are encouraged to report all scamming/phishing complaints to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) at: www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 1
- Man extradited from Texas on July report of sexual assault on juvenile in Nashua - 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 1
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 7
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 1
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483