Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Keene police report possible scam targeting email
Investigators said a citizen filed a complaint after receiving an email purportedly from Time Warner Cable directing the customer to click a hyperlink under the pretense of the need to update the customer's billing information.
This email was a scam, police said. Time Warner Cable indicates it never sought, nor ever will, to update a customer's confidential billing information via email and/or the internet.
Time Warner received numerous, similar reports of fraud from across the country, according to police, and customers are urged to report the receipt of these scams or phishing attempts to: email@example.com .
Call police if financial information was fraudulently obtained, whether or not money is missing.
Residents also are encouraged to report all scamming/phishing complaints to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) at: www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth