Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Keene police report possible scam targeting email
Investigators said a citizen filed a complaint after receiving an email purportedly from Time Warner Cable directing the customer to click a hyperlink under the pretense of the need to update the customer's billing information.
This email was a scam, police said. Time Warner Cable indicates it never sought, nor ever will, to update a customer's confidential billing information via email and/or the internet.
Time Warner received numerous, similar reports of fraud from across the country, according to police, and customers are urged to report the receipt of these scams or phishing attempts to: email@example.com .
Call police if financial information was fraudulently obtained, whether or not money is missing.
Residents also are encouraged to report all scamming/phishing complaints to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) at: www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx .
READER COMMENTS: 7
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 18
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 6
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483