May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Keene police report possible scam targeting email
Investigators said a citizen filed a complaint after receiving an email purportedly from Time Warner Cable directing the customer to click a hyperlink under the pretense of the need to update the customer's billing information.
This email was a scam, police said. Time Warner Cable indicates it never sought, nor ever will, to update a customer's confidential billing information via email and/or the internet.
Time Warner received numerous, similar reports of fraud from across the country, according to police, and customers are urged to report the receipt of these scams or phishing attempts to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Call police if financial information was fraudulently obtained, whether or not money is missing.
Residents also are encouraged to report all scamming/phishing complaints to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) at: www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 2
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424