Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Keene police report possible scam targeting email
Investigators said a citizen filed a complaint after receiving an email purportedly from Time Warner Cable directing the customer to click a hyperlink under the pretense of the need to update the customer's billing information.
This email was a scam, police said. Time Warner Cable indicates it never sought, nor ever will, to update a customer's confidential billing information via email and/or the internet.
Time Warner received numerous, similar reports of fraud from across the country, according to police, and customers are urged to report the receipt of these scams or phishing attempts to: email@example.com .
Call police if financial information was fraudulently obtained, whether or not money is missing.
Residents also are encouraged to report all scamming/phishing complaints to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) at: www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx .
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 2
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Protecting police from liability more important than rights of man wrongly accused of rape - 12
- Man accused of blocking ambulance at Derry house fire - 5
- Manchester police pursuit ends in arrest - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man misses court date while in jail - 0
- Former youth baseball coach convicted a second time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Always trust your cape, but watch out for snakes - 0
- Third-party food delivery on the rise - 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- College Hockey: Union ousts Dartmouth in ECAC tournament - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
- Total Votes: 917