Manchester Crimewatch: City man charged with threatening father-in-law
Masi's wife, Nichole, 24, also of 110 A St., pleaded innocent to a criminal mischief charge that alleges she picked up a bar stool belonging to her father and slammed it on the floor, breaking it and causing damages exceeding $100.
When Judge William Lyons asked her if anything had changed since her bail interview she responded: "I did not have an interview with an officer to tell my side."
Lyons continued Nichole Masi's bail at $1,000 personal recognizance, with conditions barring contact with her father and barring her from going to their residence. Trial was set for April 8.
Craig Masi's bail was continued at $10,000 cash/surety, also with conditions barring contact with his father-in-law and barring Masi from the residence.
Threat to burn house
Keith Price, 22, of 1625 Paule Ave., pleaded innocent Thursday morning in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a criminal threatening charge that alleges he told his mother he was going to burn the house down.
Price asked Judge William Lyons for personal recognizance bail, saying he's not a violent person and there's no reason to believe he would do anything violent.
But a police prosecutor said Price's mother, who was frightened by his threat, has obtained a temporary restraining order against him.
Bail is $3,000 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with his mother and not going to her residence. Trial was set for March 7.
Assaulted over video game
Matthew Holmes, 22, of 416 Maple St., could enter no plea Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony second-degree assault charge that alleges he pulled a kitchen knife across the chest of his 15-year-old brother, causing lacerations.
Holmes pleaded innocent to charges of simple assault, for allegedly putting both hands around his brother's neck and squeezing, and criminal threatening, for saying: "I will kill you," while arguing over a video game.
Police prosecutors requested $10,000 cash/surety bail for Holmes, with conditions barring contact with the alleged victim and barring him from the alleged victim's residence. The bail will only take effect if a 72-hour hold is lifted. Holmes was convicted of aggravated felonious sexual assault of a person under age 13 in 2011 and of criminal trespass in 2010.
A probable cause hearing was set for Feb. 6 on the felony and trial was set March 5 on the misdemeanors.
Denies assaulting 2 people
Paul Rutherford, 45, of 272 Grove St., could enter no plea Thursday in Circuit Court to a second-degree assault charge that alleges during an argument over breaking up, he put both hands around his ex-girlfriend's neck and squeezed until she had difficulty breathing. He's also accused of grabbing the woman's 14-year-old son by the shoulders and of telling him: "I'm going to .... kill her."
Rutherford protested: "That's not true. The young man, I never touched him."
Bail was set at $10,000 cash/surety, with $9,000 on the felony charge, which is set for a probable cause hearing Feb. 5.
The remaining $1,000 was put on the misdemeanor charges, which also include criminal mischief, with trial set for March 5.
Two felony charges
Jerome Carter, 37, who listed the homeless shelter as his address, could enter no plea Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to two felony charges, so a probable cause hearing was set for Feb. 4.
Carter was arraigned on a warrant alleging he attempted to strangle an ex-girlfriend last year and was arraigned on a sex offender duty to report charge, for failing to report to police after moving from his previous address of 224 Spruce St.
Bail was set at $10,000 cash/surety.