Middleton residents get chance to review Kingswood's capabilities
Currently, the town sends its students to Farmington, but school officials have grown frustrated in its inability to have a say in educational matters.
After hearing on Jan. 16 how the Governor Wentworth Regional School District in Wolfeboro has the capacity to accept Middleton's students in grades 7 through 12, about 30 residents asked for needed more information.
Middleton pays tuition to educate their students in Farmington. Based on a vote in Farmington last year, officials from both communities are in the process of reviewing the Authorized Regional Enrollment Area (AREA) plan, which was enacted in 1972.
Jack Savage, who serves as moderator for the town and district, said many Middleton residents and officials are frustrated that they have no say in the curriculum, disciplinary procedures or activities in Farmington."
Will we be listened to?" Savage asked, adding this is important since many people feel "Farmington doesn't even take note of our opinion."
For more information or to submit a comment, visit the School Board link on Middleton's website at middletonnh.gov.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- News veteran Balboni says Foley 'found his calling' covering war zones. - 0
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 27
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
- Parents of slain journalist in Rochester call James Foley a 'martyr for freedom' - 1
- Obama: World is 'appalled' by murder of NH's James Foley - 19
- ISIS beheads NH journalist - 47
- BREAKING NEWS: Islamic State says it beheaded NH journalist - 11
- Pentagon says U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m