Fire strikes Franconia home
FRANCONIA - A Franconia family was able to get out their house without injury Thursday morning after a fire broke out at the 79 Morristown Road residence.
Speaking from the family's business, Franconia Hardware, Andrea Ford said that her parents, Michael and Barbara Ford, and sister were able to escape from the house. She said that she was not sure how the fire started, but that her father had been trying to thaw a frozen pipe. She did not know the extent of the damage.
The Franconia Fire Department responded to the initial alarm at 9:40 a.m., with a second alarm going out at 9:44 a.m.
No other details are available at this time.